Menu Items

Monday, August 1, 2011

HARK! Are those sleigh-bells I hear?


I know it seems a tad early to be bringing up the holiday season now. I mean, we finally have some summer weather here in the Pacific Northwest, but after August 6th (this coming Saturday) Hearth & Larder will be taking two months off the whole market thing. However, I'll be back in the Fall beginning October 1st. And right around the corner are the Holidays and you know what THAT means...HOLIDAY BAKING!!! So, from November 26th through December 31st I will be making holiday items: Sourdough Stollen Rolls (pictured above), Lebkuchen (German Christmas Cookies), Snowballs and a few TBA items.

In the mean time...here are the scheduled Fall market dates for Hearth & Larder:

The Tri-Cities Baker's Community Market
Evergreen Cultural Centre, 1205 Pinetree Way, Coquitlam BC V3B 7Y3
OCTOBER 1st & 8th
NOVEMBER 12th & 26th

MAP



and...
Moberly Arts & Cultural Centre, 7646 Prince Albert Street, Vancouver, BC V5X 3Z4
OCTOBER 15th
NOVEMBER 5th
DECEMBER 3rd & 10th
(a special Christmas market!)

And now for some product news. 
Pomelo-Lime Marmalade
I always like to experiment with jams, jellies and marmalades, especially citrus flavors. Earlier this year a made some lime marmalade. A lot of lime marmalade. Entirely TOO much lime marmalade. And it's pretty sharp tasting and I don't know many people that would really like it. So I thought "how can I keep the lime flavor but reduce the face contorting factor?" Heading down to my favorite produce store I picked up some pomelos. For those of you unfamiliar with pomelos they are giant citrus fruit similar to a grapefruit but very mild and the texture is a little crunchy. I know, weird. But adding it to the limes sort of cut the overly harsh taste and with a little vanilla bean added to the mix made for a highly flavorful and unique marmalade flavor. Thus Pomelo-Lime Marmalade was born! It will make an appearance at this Saturday's market and subsequent markets while supplies last. 

2 comments:

  1. you are an AMAZING baker. this looks insanely good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Just found you via DID and linked up via Facebook as well. You can find my blog over at http://cupcakecucumber.blogspot.com/ Looking forward to more yummy posts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...