Menu Items

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

TRI-CITIES BAKER'S MARKET: New products!

Are you a collector of conserves? Is your refrigerator jammed with jams or, dare I say, packed with preserves? Well, here's five more you can add to the clutter without causing an avalanche. Cute little 1.5 oz jars filled with artisan preserves all wrapped in a nice little package. They make great gifts, basket stuffers, wedding favors: the perfect size to pack with your lunch or take on a picnic. 

This coming Tri-Cities Baker's Community Market on July 9th I'll be offering these pygmy preserves along with a new scone flavor and a new jam flavor featuring summer's first harvest: STRAWBERRIES!


Strawberry picking! That's my friend Sarah on the left and my strawberry friends on the right. 
Now that we're actually having some warm weather U-pick farms have finally fired the starting gun. My friend Sarah and I wasted no time and parked ourselves in front of two rows. With my ass in the dirt and fingers gingerly plucking, I gathered about 15 lbs of berries.

My sink full of blushing berries, at last, I was able to work on my scone recipe pictured below. Not the best photo in the world but you get the idea. Choc full-o-strawberries these scones are also flavored with sliced almonds, almond extract and orange zest. Topped with my slightly citrusy glaze they also get a sprinkling of toasted sliced almonds. And yes, they are good. They'll be uploaded to the site soon! But if you're planning to come to the Tri-Cities Baker's Community Market this Saturday you can buy them there. 10am-2pm. Here's the website for more info. I will of course be offering my regular line up of scones and preserves. See you there!

Strawberry Scones