Menu Items

Monday, April 25, 2011

Jammin' for Japan!


I found out about this fund raiser, Bake for the Quake, about two days before the deadline to register. By the time I decided to give it a go I was too late. Boo!!
Then, luckily, at the last minute they found a spot for me. Hooray! So, I had four days to make four dozen jars of marmalade and jelly plus come up with some sort of display, print labels, cards, etc. This was my very first experience selling at an organized event. There were over 650 attendees at this bake sale and we raised over $7000 for Doctors without Borders to help aid victims of the Japan Earthquake and Tsunami. Needless to say it was quite successful and I was proud to be a part of it. I even got a little write-up! Thank you Joy (Gourmetet) and Melody (Gourmet Fury) for organizing such an amazing event. Here's the official Bake for the Quake website. Go check it out!!


photo by Tomasz Wagner of www.mananetwork.net


For those of you who bought my Dandelion Jelly at the event: Upon opening the jar you might have noticed it's quite sloshy. It didn't set well, obviously, so please send me an email and I will gladly exchange the jar for a brand new one. One that is set. I offer my sincerest apologies. I'm not an expert at this (yet) so it's a bit of trial and error. I guess my only excuse is I didn't have enough time to prepare and, in the event of a goof-up, have time to fix things. Oh well, it was for a good cause. I'll get it down to a science next time!